Digital Book Stores Private Limited through its portal www.dbookstore.com delivers context specific academic content and enables institutions and organizations referred to as Institution for this agreement, to disseminate any content that is academic in nature and defined as such content that serves to meet only academic requirements relating to institutionalized education and scholarship, and develop studying, thinking, learning and practical skills among students.
The D-Bookstore is free initiative from Digital Book Stores Private Limited to institutions with the aim of making every book and study material authored by teaching faculty available to every student and shall be a part of the institutional website for a minimum period of three years extendable for subsequent period of two years. There is no financial commitment from the institution whatsoever. The entire engine is powered by dbookstore.com and neither the institution is charged for it nor any resource from the institution used.
The D-Bookstore is a very effective digital bookstore integrated within the institutional website. The look and feel as well as the user experience of using of the D-Bookstore remains the same as the institutional website. As far as the user is concerned, it is just a functionality of the institutional website.
The D-Bookstore delivers the following services.
- 1.Students can download context specific chapters from various books of various publishers at costs determined by individual publishers or individual authors who hold the right on such content.
- 2. Students generally need not download more chapters than they require. They can download just one chapter by paying for that specific chapter rather than the whole book. However, if some publishers/authors chose to upload the entire books as a single file, then chapter wise download may not be possible.
- 3. Digital Book Stores Private Limited the owners of D-Bookstore shall strive to make the maximum number of publications available for download chapter-wise.
- 4. The teaching faculty can upload their notes or study material which the students can then download. The faculty can either fix a cost to their material or allow free download or offer time limited discounts. This material will be available to students globally. Such pricing may be determined by the individual authors or the administrator of the website on behalf of the Institution or the Author/s.
- 5. The teaching faculty can use the platform to send their material as complimentary copies to any number of people anywhere in the world absolutely free. This will generate feedback which then can be used to fine tune the content with the possibility of evolving it into a complete book.
- 6. The Institution shall nominate an administrator who will determine the content to be uploaded on behalf of the institution and shall have access to all analytics concerning content uploads, content downloads, sales, royalty, or any other detail that may be necessary from time to time. The administrator shall be the first point of contact between the Institution and Digital Book Stores Private Limited.
- 7. The Institution shall be deemed to be a publisher to enable it to get global exposure as an institution that encourages publications and payments will be made in the following way: a. 10% of all revenues generated through the institutional website. b. 50% of all revenues generated globally for content created and uploaded by the Institution.
All content uploaded in the D-Bookstore deployed in website of any institution will be available through the D-Bookstore deployed in the website of any other institution or organization as well as the website interlinepublishing.com. This is to ensure that all content uploaded gets global exposure.
This agreement shall be understood in context of English generally used in the United States of America if there is a conflict in understanding or when translated to any other language or dialect. The terms and conditions in this Agreement are liable for change from time to time and only the most recent version as given in Date of Last Revision shall be used if there is a contradiction of understanding or needing arbitration. The Institution shall withdraw any contribution or content if they are not in total and complete acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Date of Last Revision: September 1, 2016
Rights and Responsibilities
The paragraphs hereinafter are termed Statements of Rights and Responsibilities henceforth referred as the Statement. The statement defines and governs the relationship with the institution offering the facility to deploy D-Bookstore within the institutional website and Digital Book Stores Private Limited who have conceived and developed D-Bookstore. It is agreed that by accessing or using the facilities and features of D-Bookstore, the Institution agrees to this statement.
1. Sharing Content and Information
Authors and/or publishers own the copyright© for all content, information and contribution posted or uploaded at D-Bookstore. When any content is uploaded through your institutional website, you the Institution shall also be referred as publisher. As Author/publisher, you warrant that all your content, information and contribution is original on your part except for such excerpts from copyrighted works included with written permission from the copyright owners, or such excerpts that hold universal copyright or such excerpts that do not hold any copyright or such excerpts that have outlived the original copyright, and that it does not infringe upon copyright, trademark and other rights of others
You agree that all your content, information and contribution hereinafter referred to as Content, do not contain any libellous statements against governments, cultures, religions, traditions, beliefs, ethnicities, or in any other form that has a possibility of evoking sentiments or that could be deemed to be threatening, abusive, harassing, blasphemous, objectionable, defamatory or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever and anywhere in the world. You indemnify Digital Book Stores Private Limited, its directors, owners, employees and other stakeholders at all times and places anywhere in the world against all costs, expenses and damage arising from any breach of this warranty. You agree that Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall have the right to delete any content that may be found or proven to be objectionable as stated in this paragraph. In addition:
- You give us non exclusive rights to transfer, sell and license to any user worldwide through any means we specify or determine from time to time, the right to use any of your Content that you upload or post in D-Bookstore deployed in your institutional website. This license ends when you delete your Content or your account. Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall not be held responsible for content that has been transferred, sold or licensed to any user worldwide before the deletion of such Content and where your Content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall make its best efforts not to enable sharing of content by the original purchaser to anyone else.
- When you delete your Content, it may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but shall not be available to others from that moment except in shared documents which would not be under the control of Digital Book Stores Private Limited
- When you upload or post Content or information, it shall mean that it has been published and that you are allowing everyone to access and use all Content and information, and to associate it with you, your name and profile including any pictures, photographs or illustrations.
- You are responsible for the properties of the Content. The properties include the actual content, its layout and formatting designs, the size of each file and the pricing policy. The default unit of payment is for every 100 kilobyte (KB) of content. However as the owner of the content, you can fix the price per page independent of the size of the content in kilobytes. It is possible that a user may prefer to download content that occupy lesser KBs than 100 KBs based on the size of the content you upload and the unit you determine.
- We welcome your feedback and suggestions on dbookstore.com and may use them with no obligation to compensate or acknowledge you.
We are committed to do our best to keep www.dbookstore.com safe but it is not guaranteed that it shall remain safe. You agree to give the following commitments
- You shall not send or otherwise post or upload unauthorized commercial communications including spam on www.dbookstore.com.
- You shall not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access www.dbookstore.com using automated means such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, scrapers etc.
- You shall not engage in marketing of products or services, multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes or any other such systems that do not agree with the basic objectives of www.dbookstore.com which is dissemination of academic content as defined in the Preamble of this Terms and Conditions, and Agreement.
- You shall not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You shall not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You shall not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You shall not post content that is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contain or graphic or gratuitous violence or nudity unless needed to deliver content related to medicine or any health related academic subjects.
- You shall not develop or operate any third-party applications
- www.dbookstore.com is a level playing ground for all authors and you shall not undertake specific promotional activities to publicize yourself or your content by offering any contest, giveaways, or sweepstakes on www.dbookstore.com.
- You shall not use www.dbookstore.com to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You shall not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of www.dbookstore.com, such as a denial of service attack.
- You shall not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to deactivate accounts that do not adhere to the aforesaid terms and conditions.
3. Registration and Account Security
Digital Book Stores Private Limited recommends that you provide your real name and authentic personal information. However, Digital Book Stores Private Limited understands that many publishers may be known by some popular name or abbreviation and therefore if necessary you may use pseudonyms or abbreviations of your name as popularly known by while providing information. The search engine at www.dbookstore.com is designed to use the material provided at www.dbookstore.com and therefore give only such information in such ways that you wish yourself to be recognized.
All details pertaining to banking shall be accurate as all royalties shall be paid directly to the account. Any mismatch in name, account number, bank, branch, IFS code etc may result in the royalties not being credited. The information in your profile and in the banking details may be different. Your profile is the way you wish the readers to know you while the banking details is exactly the way you are. Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall not be held responsible for any mismatch in royalty settlements if the banking details provided by the authors and contributors are not true and correct. You shall not create more than one personal profile. Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to delete profiles randomly leaving just one profile when more than one profile is uploaded or posted. You may make changes in your profile as many times as you wish but at any given time only one profile should be uploaded or posted
You are giving the following commitments relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You shall not provide any false personal information on www.dbookstore.com, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission of the concerned person. Permission shall neither be asked nor given by Digital Book Stores Private Limited for such requests.
- You shall not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you shall not create another one without our permission.
- You shall not use your personal profile for commercial gains like selling your status update to an advertiser.
- You shall keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You shall not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You shall not transfer your account. All income from your contributions directly credit to your bank account as provided by you. You may change your account or bank from time to time and update the same at www.dbookstore.com to ensure that any transfer of income takes place seamlessly. The transfer is with immediate effect.
- You shall not select your name to closely relate or resemble well known entity’s name or trademark.
4. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You shall not upload or post content that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law of any land where the Content may be used.
- Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to remove any content or information you post or upload at www.dbookstore.com if we believe that it violates Statement given above.
- You shall report claims of intellectual property infringement if any material contributed by anyone rightfully belongs to you in the Claims location in www.dbookstore.com. The claimants for the said intellectual property shall seek arbitration from mutually acceptable people or concerns. Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall not intervene in the arbitration proceedings.
- Any user may report intellectual property infringement for any material uploaded or posted at www.dbookstore.com independent of whether or not they have contributed, uploaded or posted any material at www.dbookstore.com.
- All claims and responses shall be available at all times for any user. These may be deleted on the removal of the specified content being addressed.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, Digital Book Stores Private Limited may permanently disable your account at www.dbookstore.com at its own prerogative.
- If an account is permanently disabled, it may be reversed by written request of the author. The right to accept such requests remains the prerogative of Digital Book Stores Private Limited.
- You will not use www.interlinepublishing.com or www.dbookstore.com copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks without written permission of Digital Book Stores Private Limited, the owners of Interline Publishing and hence the owners of www.interlinepublishing.com also.
- You shall not collect or obtain information from users without their consent and it shall never be done on behalf of Digital Book Stores Private Limited.
- You shall not post or upload anyone's identification documents or sensitive information including financial on www.dbookstore.com without due permission in writing acquired from them. This shall include individuals as well as enterprises, corporations, firms, governments, government bodies, trusts and any other organization or body not mentioned here.
- You shall not tag users or send email invitations to non-users if there is a possibility of such invitees taking offence to your invitations.
All payments shall be made by online banking. You agree to our Payment Terms having read and understood the same.
You shall not place Hyperlinks on any page and Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to deactivate such links
8. . Advertisements and Other Commercial Content
Digital Book Stores Private Limited may seek or elicit interest of advertisers or other commercial content providers. Income generated from such activity shall be the exclusive property of Digital Book Stores Private Limited. No advertising will be placed in D-Bookstores deployed in various websites.
You shall not violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us. Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to stop providing all or part of www.dbookstore.com to you. This may be notified the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the provisions in paragraphs 9, 10 and 11 below shall still apply.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Digital Book Stores Private Limited exclusively within the jurisdiction of Bengaluru city in Karnataka state of India. The laws of India will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Bengaluru for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on www.dbookstore.com, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- We try to keep www.dbookstore.com bug-free and safe but you use it at your own risk. We are providing www.dbookstore.com in as is and where is terms without any expressed or implied warranties including, but not limited to implied warranties, copyright and other intellectual property, accuracy of Content, application of Content, for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that www.dbookstore.com is safe or will be safe and secure. Digital Book Stores Private Limited is not responsible for the actions, content, information of data of authors and contributors, and you release us, our directors, other stake holders, officers, employees and agents from any claims and damages known and unknown arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such author or contributor. We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this Statement or Digital Book Stores Private Limited, even if we or you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The liability of Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws of India.
- By ‘we’ we mean Digital Book Stores Private Limited and by ‘Digital Book Stores Private Limited’ we mean the organization that holds right for the features and services we make available, including through (i) our websites at www.dbookstore.com and www.interlinepublishing.com and any other Digital Book Stores Private Limited branded or co-branded websites including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions; (ii) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the like button, the share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed
- By 'D-Bookstore' we mean virtual book stores deployed in various websites by Digital Book Stores Private Limited, that deliver content. All reports on download through D-Bookstores will be available to publishers in their dash board at www.dbookstore.com
- By ‘us’ we mean Digital Book Stores Private Limited, its heirs and assigns.
- By ‘you’ we mean ‘Institution’ and by ‘Institution’ we mean a formal entity, organization, establishment, foundation, trust or society with physical infrastructure dedicated to deliver specific services including promotion of a particular cause or programme that has a public, educational or charitable character that benefit the society at large.
- By ‘reader’ we mean any user who uses Content to read or pays to download.
- By ‘Platform’ we mean a set of APIs and services that enable users to retrieve data from www.dbookstore.com or provide data to us.
- By ‘API’ we mean Application Programming Interface, a source code based specification for interfacing various software components to communicate with each other.
- By ‘information’ we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By ‘Content’ we mean anything you post or upload on www.dbookstore.com that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By ‘data’ we mean Content and information that users can retrieve from www.dbookstore.com or provide to Digital Book Stores Private Limited through Platform.
- By ‘post’ we mean post on www.dbookstore.com or otherwise make available to us.
- By ‘use’ we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By ‘active user’ we mean a person who has logged into www.dbookstore.com more than once.
- By ‘user’ we mean a person who has logged into www.dbookstore.com at any time.
- By ‘account’ we mean anyone who has a user ID and password registered at www.dbookstore.com.
- By ‘context specific content’ we mean content created to meet specific academic requirements or any content created that may meet specific academic requirements.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and Digital Book Stores Private Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean Digital Book Stores Private Limited
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Digital Book Stores Private Limited and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- You shall comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing www.dbookstore.com.
The following statements shall also be studied by you and it is deemed that you have accepted them.
- Claims, enables reporting claims of intellectual property infringement as well as replying to such claims.
- Modification of this Agreement may only occur upon a separate written agreement between the Parties.
- Waiver of any portion of this agreement or the waiver of a breach shall not be construed as a waiver of the entire Agreement.
- In the event that any portion of this Agreement is deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be severed as to not cause the invalidity or unenforceable, of the remainder of the Agreement. All remaining portions of the Agreement shall continue to their full extent.
It is important to protect every person’s right. It is equally important to ensure that liberties are not taken with these rights to infringe on copyright and intellectual properties, and spread content that are inimical with the principles of the founding of this portal or in deploying D-Bookstore in various websites. Every visitor to www.dbookstore.com or D-Bookstore has a right but not to be misused, to report the following:
- 1. Any content in www.dbookstore.com or D-Bookstore that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law of any land where the content may be used. Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to remove any such content or information.
- 2. Claims of intellectual property infringement if any material contributed by anyone in www.dbookstore.com or D-Bookstore, that rightfully belongs to them. The claimants for the said intellectual property shall seek arbitration from mutually acceptable people or concerns. Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall not intervene in the arbitration proceedings.
- 3. Any content, information and contribution in www.dbookstore.com or D-Bookstore that may contain pornographic material or libelous statements against governments, cultures, religions, traditions, beliefs, ethnicities, individuals or in any other form that has a possibility of evoking sentiments or that could be deemed to be threatening, abusive, harassing, blasphemous, objectionable, defamatory or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever and anywhere in the world. In this context, even a CLAIM is considered as content posted in this site. Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to remove any such claim.
- 4. Claims of anyone's identification documents or sensitive information including financial without due permission in www.dbookstore.com or D-Bookstore. This shall include individuals as well as enterprises, corporations, firms, governments, government bodies, trusts and any other organization or body not mentioned here.
All claims and responses except those removed by Digital Book Stores Private Limited shall be available at all times for any user. These may be deleted on the removal of the specified content being addressed. Digital Book Stores Private Limited reserves the right to delete such content as explicitly stated in Terms and Conditions, and Agreement.